Does anything beat comfort food?
Or even just...food. I love food (hence the blog).
This is really really easy, and really really tasty, and you may even already have all of the ingredients in your fridge. It's also another meal that brings back good memories, because my granny would sometimes make it for my family for Sunday dinners (it works well for The Hubby and me for a weeknight or a Sunday meal too). We totally fiend for a great curry sauce in our house, and if you are the same way, you will find that this casserole really satisfies that craving. I love it paired with a jasmine or basmati rice.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
|Using my granny's old Corningware is only fitting while making one of the recipes that she loved.|
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole with Creamy Curry Sauce
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup skim or 2% milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (I used gluten-free bread crumbs)
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Rice (cooked, to serve the casserole on top of)
Preheat oven to 350F. Place chicken on a plate and season with salt and pepper. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the chicken in the pan for 5 - 7 minutes, or until browned and no longer pink inside.
Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture.
In a small bowl, toss the bread crumbs with the melted butter, and sprinkle over the chicken mixture.
Serve the chicken and broccoli casserole on top of the rice. Enjoy!